Design & Layout
Although Metropole is not a design agency, we offer simple design and layout services especially useful for smaller projects. Corporate stationery, simple adverts and flyers can all be customized according to a client's wishes.
Metropole also works closely with some of the best local graphic design companies and can refer clients to them for more complicated or creative projects.
Metropole can prepare any job for going to print. Send us your files via the Internet, or give us camera ready artwork, and we'll ensure color separation is accurate and imposition is at it's most efficient, mindful of minimizing paper waste.
The prepress department is directed by 18 professional technicians with the following equipment:
- 2 drum scanners connected to a network of five workstations equipped with the latest desktop publishing applications (Adobe Creative Suite, QuarkXpress, etc.)
- Computer to Plate (CTP) Agfa Galileo VXT 2005
- Linotype recorder R3030/delta RIP
- 2 Agfa conventional Repro cameras (80 x 60 cm) & (70 x 100 cm)
- 3 Agfa conventional Plate making machines.
The strength of Metropole lies in it's printing facilities. A variety of sophisticated, state-of-the-art printing machinery is used to produce the printed work. Almost any kind of job can be printed from stationary and brochures to books, magazines and POS items. The printing department is directed and controlled by 44 technical workers with:
Heidelberg Offset Machines:
- (70 x 100 cm) 14 towers / 4 machines.
- (50 x 70 cm) 10 towers / 3 machines.
- (35 x 50 cm) 7 towers / 3 machines.
Once a job is printed, Metropole doesn't stop there. "Finishing" the piece is just as important. Machines for folding, binding/collating, die-cutting, embossing, box gluing, and UV lamination are all in-house. For the much needed "human touch", Metropole employs workmen and women with the highest standards of craftsmanship that cannot be replaced by machinery. Finishing, Die cutting and gluing departments are directed and controlled by 75 professional workers.
Folding, binding and collating machinery:
- 2 Stahll 70 x 100 cm machines and 1 60 x 80 cm.
- Ponys: Perfect binding machine.
- Muller Martini: Sewing & Stitching machine.
- Muller Martini: Stapling Line Model 1509, 5 stations with Trimmer.
- Vaggall: Stapling machine, 3 units.
- The department is also equipped with a wide range of manual tools for punching, cliping, stitching and other paper work.
Die cutting & embossing machinery:
- 70 x 100 cm auto feeder die cutter, 10000 sheets per hour, Bobst System. Also, 90 x 60 cm, 50 x 70 cm, 50x 35 cm and 30 x 40 cm.
- 2 Hot Stamping Machines (maximum size).
Coating & lamination machinery:
- 70 x 100 cm for UV varnishing - full line equipped for spot and partial coating.
- 2 lines of silk screen, 70 x 100 cm for spot UV varnish.
- 2 plastic lamination machines 100 cm length.